Shock Comparison

barthel

K, hate to open up an old wouldn but........

I'm getting ready to lift and redo my suspension and was wondering about shocks. I've read everything about sizing and what not, but I was just curious about choices.

Currently I'm looking at;

Rancho RS5000's

Pro Comp ES3000's

Pro Comp ES9000's

Superlift's (No part #)

Any opinions on one over the other?

Thanks in advance

whats better, apples or oranges?

5000 and 3000 are cheap. 9000 are expensive. 5000/3000 ride rough. 9000 ride how ever you want them too. if you have the coin go for 9000. if you could give a @!*% how your truck rides, as long as it dosent bounce get the 5000's.

5000/3000's, apparently 3000's are softer-but your also suposed to feel a diffence with the factory electro suspension...

This topic has been beat to DEATH already...

Rancho 5000's are stiff but not too bad, $40 each.

PC 3000's are a little softer but very comparable to the Rancho 5000's. $130 for a set of 4 from 4wheelparts.com, IIRC.

PC 9000's are stiffer and a little bit tougher than the 3000's. They have the specs listed on 4wheelparts.com...

Superlift what, shocks? 'Bout the same as 5000's IIRC.

I have the 9000's in the rear of mine..as said..they ride how you want them, I keep them a lil stiffer on the street to keep the body roll down, cuz I have no sway bars and a lift. If you can afford it, get the 9000's on all corners.

Up front I used to have Rancho 5000's, they were good, till I sheared one. I replaced them with PC 3000's and although they are supposed to be pretty much the same, I wish I had gotten the ranchos, because the Pro-Comps are a lil soft, they're awesome for when I'm wheeling, and flying thru the desert..but around town they let the truck lean more than the rancho's did.

I wish I could fit 9000's up front, but they dont because of how close together my dual shocks sit. I'm thinkin next time I'll put 5000's back up front.

i bought the PROCOMP 9000's they are nitro gas very similar to the bilstein specs and they ride GREAT not very stuff and bumps you really don't feel. If your looking for mega stuff got rancho 5000's or procomp 3000 with the cellular gas but i decided for 4 bucks more i'd go 9000's and im glad i did! 4 shocks shipped for 130$$ can't beat that it was a buy 3 get 1 free. Good luck.

Scott

Guest SuperSon

That heckethrn (RC8000) Is a better price at Rough country. $128 and no shipping charge..hmmm I might go with that one.

Looking at the specs it only specified a 0-1" of lift , Would this work on a pathy with 3" SL?

Edited by SuperSon

i decided for 4 bucks more i'd go 9000's and im glad i did! 4 shocks shipped for 130$$ can't beat that it was a buy 3 get 1 free.

I got a similar deal from 4Wheel Parts. 4 ES9000's plus an ECS2000 steering stabilizer for $159 with the boots. You have to buy the bracket for the stabilizer but I already had one that would work!

That heckethrn (RC8000) Is a better price at Rough country. $128 and no shipping charge..hmmm I might go with that one.

Looking at the specs it only specified a 0-1" of lift , Would this work on a pathy with 3" SL?

For the front, absolutely.

For the rear, they will work as will any other stock length replacement, but will not allow as much "extra" droop as you can get with a longer shock. Whether you want that extra droop is up to you.