Auto to warn manual hub write up

packie88

Auto to warn manual hub write up

Tools needed: 6mm, 4mm hex key, 13mm wrench or socket, needle nose pliers or snap ring tool

Estimated time with two people: 1.5 hours

1.) block rear wheels jack up front end of vehicle

2.) Remove wheel from side you wish to do the swap on.

3.) There are 6 bolts that are 6mm hex keys. Have someone step on the brake while you loosen them

4.) Remove outer hub, you can also remove the spring that comes out.

5.) Now you have the Snap ring to remove. You can do this one of two ways. With needle nose pliers or with a snap ring removal tool. (this would make it unbelievable easy)

6.) Once the snap ring is removed there should be 3 more parts that slide out. You are now done with the removal of the hub

7.) Take 6 of your new studs and screw them in.

8.) On the hub should be 5 small holes that you have to put 5 screws into. These are 4mm hex key screws.

9.) Once done you and now slide the hub onto the axle shaft over your new studs.

10.) Put 1 washer and 1 nut and securely fasten all nuts to the stud using a 13 mm wrench or socket

11.) Check to be sure hub works by engaging into 4x4 on hub and try spinning, if you see the cv axle spin or move than your hubs are working properly.

12.) Now disengage the hub and spin the hub, the cv axle should remain stationary.

13.) Replace wheel and repeat steps 3-12

pics to come.

Just did mine today, with a friend took us about 4 hours to do. due to the fact one of the first 6 bolts decided to strip out. i then went and bought a drill out kit/easy out kit, snaped not only my first drill bit but also the easy out bolt deal. so that wasnt workin so well, then i remembered i had my angle grinder and just grinded the bolt top off till i could slide the hub off then unscrew the bolt. which it then decided to come out with ease.

This has already been written up in the Garage under How-To's forum! I'm moving this back out to the Garage for reference purposes.

It takes me all of 30 minutes to swap out both, you do NOT have to remove the wheels OR jack up the truck. Matter of fact, it's worlds easier to leave it on the ground. No stepping on the brake.

Use new grade 8.8 or 12.6 bolts (8x1.25x50mm) instead of the Warn studs, the studs break very easily and do not stay tight. After step #6, you should slide on the hub and then REINSTALL THE SNAP-RING, unless you want your axle to move around and collect water, dirt and grit on the inside where your wheel bearings are. Then bolt up the hub and torque to spec, THEN add the cap. Otherwise it's a real pain to get a socket on the bolt heads because the cap gets in the way.

they look awesome, need a new set of rims to go around em, the stock ones with the pop off cover dont really fit, the pop off cover doestn fit around em. now to get my locker installed.they are sick, realized ima need some cv axles real bad soon

so yeah, i just put mine on(bought used) and they didn't come with instructions nor can i find any. my questions involves the snap ring that goes on the axle after the main body of the hub is put on. is there no washer that goes on before the snap ring goes on the axle?

right on then. easiest swap in the world. FWIW guys, if your going to get cap screws to replace the studs, i got the 45mm long ones and were just a touch too long, 40mm length is what you need. i believe the correct dimension are 8x1.50x40mm, you need 12