which wheels and tires

93xe

The new '97 came with brand spankin new 235/70/15 Michelin something or other all seasons, i have the paperwork saying they were $600 new.

The old '93 has 30x9.50x15 cooper discoverer ast's, which are a bigger tire with more aggressive tread then the michelins, but have had 14,000 miles put on them in the last 3 years.

Now i will not have money for new tires probably until the early summer, and i want to go bigger with different wheels which hopefully i will be able to buy in the next month, so my question is...should i simply swap the wheels and tires from the '93 to '97, then buy new wheels for the coopers until i can get bigger tires?? Also will a 9.50x15 be okay on a 15x8" wheel? Or do i just suck it up and deal with the puny michelins on stockers until i can buy new wheels/tires at the same time??

I don't want to spend the money to have someone swap just the tires between the two trucks and leave the stock wheels. Any opinons??

""edit"" im right outside of philadelphia, pa, and we are just starting to get some snow, hopefully lots more

:shrug:

post-7-1170480350.jpg

Edited by 93xe

I can't exactly see what your asking, but I could have sworn that the 93 and 97 have different bolt patterns. You can fit up to 11.5 on a 15x8 rim. If you want nicer tires, then swap away. :)

I can't exactly see what your asking, but I could have sworn that the 93 and 97 have different bolt patterns. You can fit up to 11.5 on a 15x8 rim. If you want nicer tires, then swap away. :)

basically what im asking is should i keep the tiny brand new tires on stock rims until i can afford new wheels/tires at once, or swap the stock wheels with slightly bigger tires from the '93, then get new wheels on the 9.50x15s, then different tires last...get it??

i think im confusing myself