new and getting started

ShadowManR6

hey im new to the whole offroad thing, im just wondering where everyone would suggest on starting as things to add and work on for my pathy. right now i have an 86.5/87 pathfinder v6 manual tranny, any suggestions or ideas only thing ive added were some good mud tires and then from there im just gonna add, any ideas are welcome ;D

Your gonna love this.....

Timing Belt??? Do you know if it has been changed recently?? Need to check and change it... cheap insurance against replacing the motor as I did...

Thorley's Headers to eliminate that Tap in the mornings when you start it...

Suspension Lift

Body Lift

hehe

Welcome :beer:

:D

Edited by Casey.T

yeah, if it hasnt been changed, or you dont know if its been changed, it's likely due... we have a few members who learned the hard way... :(

For offroading, your first good mods are tires (theres a tire review thread, have a read...) and recovery points... then you can look at lifts, and protection.

Welcome to the board! B)

ya i got myself and a friend (jeep grand cherokee) starting to see about putting some time into our trucks, now at this point cause of cost, i know a body lift would be cheaper, but for the sake of better performance would a body lift or suspension be the better choice at this point, anyone outta las vegas, nv or that particular area? nothin but dry stuff around us hehe

and thanks for the welcome :D

Edited by ShadowManR6

ya i got myself and a friend (jeep grand cherokee) starting to see about putting some time into our trucks, now at this point cause of cost, i know a body lift would be cheaper, but for the sake of better performance would a body lift or suspension be the better choice at this point, anyone outta las vegas, nv or that particular area? nothin but dry stuff around us hehe

and thanks for the welcome :D

You're right about that. Nothing but dirt. I live around Blue Diamond / Rainbow area. Where you located?