electric fan clutch

does anyone know of any cheap or used electric fans for a z24 motor?? i'm on my third water pump in 1 1/2 years because my fan clutch keeps seizing. i've been told that a seized fan clutch can rob the truck of 20-30 horsepower, which for a 4 cyl. is a big deal. but obviously something is wrong with mine because i wouldnt need three of them. if anyone could help it'd be great.

More like 2 or 3 horsepower, man. Whoever told you that wasn't informed very well if you ask me. If the Pathy with the Z24 uses the same radiator as a V6, then a Nissan Quest or Mercury Villager 16.5" fan will work great, it just pulls a lot of amps to run it. You'll just have to look around and see what will fit and what you can afford.

That guy must have either owned a dyno or worked for the place that had one, cause those things are expensive as hell to just run tests on.

I got my Quest fan off Ebay for $10, the junkyard wanted $50-$75 for one, and new they're like $375. A replacement 16" fan like Jim has on his Pathfinder is about $100-$125 plus a electric thermostat to control the fan for another $20 or so. Install it yourself and save even more!