no power/black smoke

long

After many hours of trying to find out why i couldnt get any more than 3500RPM put of my TD2.7 Mistral/Terano 11 changeing all the nessary filters even ran a pod type air filter i was told by a ford mechanic about the injecter pump on the new Transits haveing a very fine filter under the inlet pipe on the top of the pump n by undoing the banjo fitting watch u dont lose the 2 copper gaskets insert a ball pen into the opening u will retrive a spring reinsert the pen and u will pull out a very fine filter mine was so cloged up with gunk it wasnt funny cleaned it out n now it pulls up to an past the red line ifn i was to push it real hard and hills that it would change down on it now will go up increaseing speed all the way hope this bit of info helps some of u out

Cheers

Gary :gossip:

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Gary,

I have regularly changed the main fuel filter on my Terrano over the last 200,000km but never knew there was another on the pump end.

I will have a look if I can get at it easily. It is bloody hard to get under the inlet manifold and at the fuel pump on mine.

Anybody know if it is the same on the 1992 Terrano?

Cheers

Geordie