Straight Intake Pipe

DJ Dank

So been wanting to do this for years now..replace the plastic S-bend intake pipe with a straight one. I've seen pics of people who've done this but I haven't been able to find out where they got it. I've read through some AC posts about people cutting out the middle of a civic intake pipe which does contain two vacuum ports.

TSRIHC99DX.jpg

So is that all that is attached to the stock intake pipe? Just 2 vacuum hoses? I'm thinking this intake for a 99 civic, might do the trick. There is a 3rd port on this civic intake that you can see in the pic on the backside but I think if I cut it off right before it, and cut off the other end, it'll work. Any thoughts? I haven't had a chance to measure out exactly the length I need to make this work, unless someone already knows/has.

My only concern is I'm unsure what the diameter of the vacuum ports on the civic intake are...I read on the pathfinder, they are 5/8".(Can someone verify this?) These possibly look smaller than that just looking at the picture. :shrug:

Edited by DJ Dank

another option is this little pos pipe from apc that has a ring of vacuum line additions sold at www.partsamerica.com It's pretty cheap and then you can shape the rest of the intake however you like. I'm planning on moving things around myself here pretty soon.

• 2 weeks later...

CHeck your local Pep Boys (if you have one) and look for spectre intake parts. They have a vacuum adapter kit that has the hole saws and fittings at a cheap price. Look for part number 8711.

Edited by Acey

I didn't do a straight pipe. This is how mine came out.

Ep892.jpg

I saw too many muddy filters with straight pipes. There was a good power improvement compared to stock.

Edited by Acey