im what it is

perri91

Actually, it allows you to start the engine without pushing in the clutch. Its best to be done in neutral. Just turn the ignition on, push the button, then start the engine. Oh, and yes, you will move if its in gear.

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

Oh, and yes, you will move if its in gear.

im still waiting on that story of i hit something...i pulled mine on the street and for some reason hit that button and tried to turn it over and she jumped fwd bucked and off we went...if u hit it while the truck is on it makes the dash light up like a xmas tree IIRC...

Very handy if you're in a very tough spot off roading and find it hard to get started without spinning or stalling. Put 'er in 4W Lo and 1st gear with the engine off, and then activate the starter (yes, with the clutch engaged). You will very slowly and smoothly start creeping forward, hopefully smooth enough to get enough momentum keep moving after the engine catches. Don't use for more than a couple/few seconds at a time, as the starter has to work extra hard and will heat up quickly. And is drawing a huge amount of current.

well thanx cause i know the new nissans have it like the titan and stuff and i thought maybe it was the same i was afraid to push it cause i was afraid something bad was goin to happen but yea the story of hittin something my car slipped out of gear and roled into a tree