Rancho RS9000SX

BobbyD

Hi everyone. I am interested in buying the RS9000X shocks by Rancho. I would like to know from someone who has this shock, how big the inner console is. The one used to soften and harden the ride. I need to know if it will fit in the blank space under the radio? Thank you!

Edited by BobbyD

If you go with the remote kit, it will fit below the radio area, if you're talking about attaching it to the bottom of the radio/dash bezel. You need about 2.5-2.75" for the bracket to clear, which there is like 3"+ below the center area and the hump in front of the shifter. I didn't use the bracket, I just mounted my gauges and valves as shown in the picture, the button for the pump is located behind the CD remote holder. I've had no problems with mine, although the installation is a little time consumming. You do have to watch out and make sure the lines don't get pinched, pulled, kinked, etc. Anchoring the lines is essential, I also epoxied all the connections.

post-6-1168035636.jpg

The onboard ride control kit is optional, not standard and it's not the most wonderful thing in the world anyway, the air lines tend to kink or pull out over time. I'd just use the regular dial-adjustable shocks and go that route.

I looked at the shocks in an on-line catalog. It seems as though the dial is on the top part of the shock right next to the body of the vehicle. So if I want to tuff up the ride a little I have to get out and turn these dials? Seems as though it gets messy up there! Do I have changing the ride correct?

The shocks go on big-end down, so they're at the bottom, not the top.

Thanks. But I am right about changing the dial settings everytime you want a different type of ride? Correct? -bounce-