Tachometer woes...

psugrd2b

I know this is a little nit picky considering my '95 pathfinder is in overall great shape right now, but does anyone know a way to fix an erratic tachometer. I think this is a common problem based on a little general internet research, but I haven't heard of a way to fix the issue. Is there a way to fix the tach, or is it a replacemnet situation? I understand the gauge display is a one piece job, does that mean I need to find an entire new cluster, or can I go to my local junk yard and just yank the tachometer? Any ideas would be great. And by the way, this forum was great when I was going through the manifold stud pain in the neck. I ended up finding a local mechanic who tapped out the rotted studs for me, patched my frame (the two biggest problems with these rigs), and put me back together all for $300. Without the words of wisdom from this page I think "Patches the Pathfinder" (my girlfriend's nick name for my newly repaired rig) would have left my driveway forever. Thanks for all the help.

Mine has the same problem, been checked out and cleaned every possible means. My buddy at Nissan checked it out and couldn't suggest much other then buy a new one. So now I live with it and make it a joke when it bounces to 8k at a light that we are really flying and redlining again. Only problem I have is occasionally it distracts me from the road, but so does everything else.

Also anyone know how to replace the clock light so I can see it at night?

My tach is the same, I have an atermarket pod tach ready to wire in, just need to find some time. I think I might take the needle off my stock tach because it is distracting ( or is that a bad idea?)