Pathy in for Repair

:P I got rear ended last week by a gentleman who could'nt seem to give me his information. He kept asking me what it will take and repeating some 12 digit number....He wasn't refusing to give me the info, he just kept asking me what I needed, or what it would take, and I would tell him over and over that I needed his name and address, he would follow that by going back to his truck for 5 minutes trying to write something down or completely tearing the inside of his truck apart........

By now I'm getting pissed! We pulled over after the accident around 3:55PM and it was now 4:10pm and I only had his first name.....GGRRRRRRRR! I finally starting getting kinda nervous with him tearing the inside of his truck apart while he mumbled something over and over....After a frustating hour of trying to get him to give me his information I called the police...In California the local police can't get involved in a non injury accident so th eofficer handed each of us a paper to put our information on (insurance policy number, license number, name etc...) and he explained that once the papers were ccompleted and all information confirmed by the office, he would then give each of us the other persons paper...Sounds Simple doesn't it!!!! NOT!!!! After the office observed another 15 minutes of the guy mumbling and not being able to remember what he asked you or what your answer was....the officer asked him to have a seat in the back of the police car.

I waited 15 minutes for the officer to question the man before the officer came over to me.....He was very nice and sypathetic, except since the office was detaining the gentleman because he thought the man might be missing from an Alzheimers hospital Florida...yes Florida! The office proceeded to tell that because the man couldn't answer on his own behalf and he was being detained, I couldn't get any of the information the man gave the officer....ARRRRRGGGGG!

So I was given an event number by the officer and to top it off the officer said he would give me a copy of the final police report so I could give it to my insurance company...EXCEPT! The officer was going on vacation for two weeks, and no one except the reporting officer can release a copy of a report!!!!!

Luckily my insurance company AAA (Automobile Club of SoCal) is awesome and agreed to repair my car immediately and waive my $250 deductable.

That's my story.....What's yours!

Keith :type: :furious:

I need to add....

I was really pissed off and angry at the begining, but after seeing the confused look on the mans face while the officer questioned him made me feel sorry for him.

God willing none of us fall victim to Alzheimers, I can't imagine what it must be like.

This is sad.....I am replying to my own post.

:blink:

My wife was driving along the inside of a long sweeping curve when some idiot in a Dodge Neon turned in front of her from the oncoming lane. She swerved towards oncoming traffic and tatoo'd the guy in the rear passenger side door. Seriously messed up his car but my pathy just needed a little fender work (the paint got chipped) a new bull-bar and a set of tires (mine were flat-spotted from skidding). The insurance companies wanted to make us at fault since technically she did hit him near the rear end of his vehicle. Lots of factors at play that I painstakenly documented with testamonies and pictures. Turns out that he was turning, across a double yellow line (illegal), to pull into the grass (illegal), behind his wife's car which was in the grass facing the other direction after having sideswiped a truck because she was on her cell phone and not paying attention. I'm sure that the guy was looking at his wife's car (to his left) instead of the oncoming traffic (to his right) when he chose to have a brain-fart and pull across the lane. After lengthy discussions with the insurance companies, communications stopped. Turns out that his agent quit her job and just wrote that the file was closed and threw it back in the drawer. I got tired of screwing around so we went to court and I easily won... all repair and replacement costs, recovery of my deductable, all court costs, all medical bills (my won was 1yr old and in the truck at the time), all rental car costs, compensation for my salary for time I was out of work dealing with these isues, and even got a written apology from the guy's insurance company for their mishandling of the claim. He did not make out too well since he had 2 wrecked cars in one day which were both at fault. Can you say "triple your insurance rate"? :)

I got rear ended by a kid a few months after I got my Pathfinder, but no damage done. Then I got a hitch that stick out a bit, so I'm not worried about any rear ending now :D That doesn't sound like fun for you though, hope things work out B)