96 3.3L VG33E Pathfinder Dist. Rotor Button

Trvlace

I went to get a cap and a rotor today and had a tough time getting one. Car Quest and Advance did not even carry one. Autozone was out and Rieley's had to order me one that will be in tomorrow. Wow. I looked in the Nissan catalog and they do not offer one. We call the dealer and he said it was a non service part...strange. They must wear out?

Struts were not as hard but there is a year model break and they change up and some catalogs don't list for early 96 models. From what I can tell they are the same.

I ran into the same problem. Went to the local Nissan dealer and asked for a cap and rotor fo my '96. He told me they didnt stock them as they didnt wear out. I was told that changing cap and rotor was part of basic maintenence.

Anybody else??

Well, if they do not wear out or ever need changing...then why were my cap's contacts pitted and the rotor button contact area scorched?

I am also in favor of horse whipping the engineer who put the #6 plug where it is and then gave us that tool to pull it. I call that a knuckle scraper, about wore the skin off both hands trying to get it out and back in. I had to take several breaks and recompose. The rest of the plugs are a snap.

Also anyone up under the hood needs to change the PCV valve, mine was clogged bad.

-bounce-