NPORA membership

NickStallion

I've owned a 95 Pathfinder for over 5 years and joined this site a few years ago. I was bragging to my son tonight about being member # 106 out of almost 2,000 members .

My son owns a 2001 Xterra that he bought new, and it now has over 78,000 miles. He was interested in the Xterra because it was so much like my older pathfinder. He's driven it all this time with absolutely no problems whatsoever. Never been in the shop for anything. He does all his own oil changes and brakes, etc.

He joined Xterra Owners Club in the year 2000, and was member number 651. He just looked up the current info on that site and it now has over 15,471 members.

We were discussing the difference in memberships. I told him that the reason NPORA was so low was due to the fact that Pathfinders are now so expensive that nobody takes them off road when they buy them. It's only rich yuppies that buy them now. You can tell by looking at the members pictures. 95 was the peak year by far. So this site is used mostly by guys with older Pathfinders. It's an amazing site and we all are very thankful for Mr. Jim, and all he does.

Xterras were marketed to the same folks that used to buy the older Pathfinders. They go the same places and do the same things. My son and I have both taken our trucks to the "Badlands" in Attica Indiana for some off road fun and my old Pathfinder can do almost anything his Xterra can do.

I just found it amazing that the Xterra site has so many members, when that vehicle is almost the same thing as our old trusty Pathfinders, with a different body.

XOC is not all that... :rolleyes: I'm sure people will chime in about their feelings about XOC.

So this site is used mostly by guys with older Pathfinders. It's an amazing site and we all are very thankful for Mr. Jim, and all he does.

I don't know how much I agree with you...I think the R50's have a strong presence on this board. I do agree that this is an amazing site and the combined knowledge amongst the members is invaluable! I can't remember the last time Jim was around on this board or posted a message. If I recall correctly, he was more active back before the board took the Invision Power Board format...when it was an HTML based board. I think there's a handful of people who are still around that remember and participated in those days.

Xterras were marketed to the same folks that used to buy the older Pathfinders.

Not sure how much I agree with you on that either. I recall the Xterra being marketed to a much younger and active generation. Just think of the commercials... I think a good percentage of the people who the Xterra's were marketed to, were barely old enough to drive when the older Pathfinders(WD21's) were new.

I've owned a 95 Pathfinder for over 5 years and joined this site a few years ago. I was bragging to my son tonight about being member # 106 out of almost 2,000 members .

I got you beat by one... :P #105 here. ;)

Edited by DJ Dank

As to our membership numbers, I was wrong, I'm listed as member number 108, not 106, my mistake. Thing is, if you look at our membership starting dates, I joined on the 23rd of December 2003, and you joined the 3rd of March, 2004, which would put you behind me in the numbers. Here's another consideration. If you look at my Pathfinder's picture on the site where you look at the member's trucks I'm listed as member number 176. I don't know what is going on here, but it makes me think the numbers are all screwed up. Anyway, I'm still glad we have this site for all us Pathfinder freaks. It's great to know that whenever you have a problem, there are 2,000 folks out there to help you out.

YOu were the 108 the person to join NPORA, and the 176th to pay membership to Jim...

Lets face it -- there is a lot more going on with the Xterra's, almost every region has an Xterra club... I ended up getting my pathy after being a member of an Xterra Club.

Not entirely sure why the difference in numbers... I can see why more people are wheeling the X's compared to the Pathys in the same generation years... but there are a lot of pathy's out there... most of them dont see past pavement.

It would be nice to see more people wheeling our trucks... then we could have ECPC (east coast pathy challenge) and with a bigger following, one would think we would find more suppliers for aftermarket parts...

on the other hand, I like having, and wheeling a truck, that is often one of a kind. :)

Well my user number is pretty darn low (12) and I have a 95 pathfinder that I bought brand new with very low miles (51,000). I wish I could back out to the woods and run some trails but when gas went up I stopped going out there.

attica eh? sly

Xs are marketed to the outdoorsy types.. when pathfinders were the dog there was very little of the outdoorsy types. the truck was a little bit on the yuppy side but definitely people who bought them got out there some. X is basically an upgraded pathy is still don't understand why it's not called pathfinder. old pathy = wd21; X = wd22 while the newer pathfinder is r50.. that's a different platform and a departure from the old pathy. r51 being the newest.

anywho, there are plenty of r50s here and i am glad too. there are also many pathfinder owners that are on other forums and not part of this great group here. btw. there are really less members who are avtive.. probably 100 or so. you guys may have low memeber numbers but you also have posted only 15 times. what's up with that?

I get on here when I need help. Being the owner of a 95 Pathfinder, I've not needed help very often. They are great vehicles. That's the only answer I can give for the low posts. I view this site often, but only post when I can offer a suggestion that hasn't been posted before. I do appreciate everyone's help and suggestions. We all do.

I don't post very often because I have other priorities and drop by when I get a chance or remember. Since I don't drive that much I don't have much that needs to be done to my rig. When I get my oil changed at the dealer they keep telling me my exhaust manfold needs replaced but I don't feel like shelling out $600 to fix it.

X's get more attention because they're new...you can't go out and buy a new WD21 Pathy anymore. People don't go looking for older vehicles to get enthusiastic about cause of the mileage and potential problems of owning a used vehicle.

Personally, I don't think NPORA member numbers stand for crap since Jim abandoned everybody. We might just as well look at our member number for the forum and go by that.