T-bars? How to index them?

partpathfinder

You just jack up the front of the truck, loosen the main adjuster bolt (19mm) till it's loose, then unbolt the three bolts(two 14mm one 17or19mm) that are holding the anchor to the lower control arm, mark where the splines are before you move the anchor, now slide that anchor towards the rear of the truck till it comes off the splines, then rotate it a couple of splines, then slide the anchor back toward the front of the truck, then bolt it back up and readjust the bolts at the rear of the t-bars till you get the height you're looking for.

Use lots of penetrating oil on the adjuster nuts before you do the job. Also you might want to be careful if you're planning to use a rachet with a backup wrench on the nut. The two thin pieces of metal that connect the bolt to the t-bar are known to bend when you start applying the ole torque. It sucks using an open ended wrench on that bolt for 10 minutes, but I've got one out in the garage now that's a prime example of what happens when you get in a hurry. P... Grease the bottom of the heads and the top of the half moon before bolting'em back up to keep things slippery.

Hope some of this helps. :beer:

you sure you have to reindex your bars not just adjust them up? I put JGC coils on my 92 pathfinder at 206k miles and just loosened the top nuts on the top of the torsen bars and spun the bottom nut on each maybe 8 full turns or so while the front of the truck was in the air with the jack. I kept taking measurements and i know one side got more turns then the other. I have a perfectly level truck now. My girlfriends brother has a 93 and we cranked his bars up as well to level his stock truck and plenty left of adjustment. So bottom line you sure you have to reindex? After you crank up the bars an alignment will be necessary. BTW with a full size spare on the rear and my highlift jack in the truck i yielded 1.5-2in(little less then 2inches) inches of lift and the front got cranked up 3 inches to match it. I guess my front really was sagging. I still have the factory adj shocks. I know guys on other truck forums were quite happy with shock upgrades as well so thats prolly next.....

Scott

I would also suggest the book...

Put in the rear springs 1st, then adjust the T-Bars to match the new height in the rear... drive it around the block a couple of times, make the leveling adjustments then off to the Alignment shop.. If you cant get the ride height you want for the front then re index them...

Yes pb blaster them for 1 week straight every day :)

Mine would not budge after a 24hour soaking, but after 1 week soaking then spun like butta

Thanks guys.Ya'll are the biggest help. I pbed them yesterday and they didn't budge to day.So Isoad them again and will try again tomorrow. Thanks