Grumpy says hello

Grumpy

I joined NPORA this morning. I am a 46 year old trucking fleet owner from NW CT, and I bought a '94 Pathfinder for my 19 year old daughter.

I bought this Pathfinder from a used car dealer, and so it has no owner's manual. I will post some questions in the appropriate forum with regard to some maintenance particulars, as I want to go through the vehicle before she takes it from CT to SC in mid May, as she wants to spend the Summer in SC near her college.

Thanks

Welcome to our HAPPY group :) Is that an SE or LE? Nice low miles for a 94, do we believe it? I have a 95 SE and the full set of service manuals for 94 and 95. If I can be of any assistance, pls let me know.

I'm not sure which trim level it is. I might be interested in buying that 94 manual if you want to sell it, or perhaps you know where I could get one? Carfax leads me to believe that mileage is correct, but there is one link in the Carfax report that could be contested, between the 2nd owner and the dealer's acquisition. The odometer did work during my test drive, but who knows if the 2nd owner may have clocked it? I will hope for the best.

I posted more here

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1231

and welcome any advice as I am completely ignorant about Pathfinders

Thanks

One more question -- this car has an auto tranny -- what is the correct method to shift in and out of 4WD with an automatic? I only have experience with manual trannies and 4WD.

you simply grab that shifter next to the normal one and move it from 2H to 4H. I believe there is a speed restriction on when you can do it but I'll double check. To go to 4L, you must have the tranny in N, push down on the shifter and move it into 4L. Look at the drivers side visor for the instructions (unless that card is missing). To get out of 4WD, stop, shift back to 2H and go in reverse for about 10 meters to disengage the hubs. Your little green tranny diagram on the dash may not go out until you start forward again but you should be able to tell that you're in 2H if the front end picks up when you gun it :)

One more question -- this car has an auto tranny -- what is the correct method to shift in and out of 4WD with an automatic? I only have experience with manual trannies and 4WD.

that info should be on drivers visor, flip and read :contract:

wellcome

Thanks. Most of my 4 wheel drive experience is with a 64 Jeep pickup, with a Chevy 6, 3 speed tranny (3 on the tree) and locking hubs. I'll try to remember post a picture of it when I get back from Nevada next week. It has around 30,000 extreme miles on it, as a former golf course truck, so don't expect much. The New England road salt did a job on it too. A little more about me -- I have a wife and three daughters ages 19 - 23. We live in NW CT, and the kids are pretty much moved out. I also have a 41 Mack ED pickup, a 38 Plymouth coupe, both are stock and unmodified. I also have a 2002 Mustang GT convertible - (my wife's old car which is for sale - http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_...lor=&cardist=0) , a 64 Valiant convertible, a 2004 Honda CR-V - (my wife's new car,) and a 1995 Dodge van that belongs to my 6 year old Golden Retriever. He let's me drive the van if I promise to take him with me. I am partners with my brother in a small New England trucking company. www.hitchcockbros.com

Thanks for the welcomes

Looks very good!! I like that green color. One mistake I noticed looking at the ad in autotrader is that they advertise it as having a drivers airbag. They didn't come with airbags until the 96 model year. Otherwise that's pretty low miles for a 94, I've got about twice as many miles on my 94.

Oh, and welcome to NPORA!

I like that green too. It almost looks black from 30 feet away. I hope that mileage is right. This Pathfinder will carry one of my "babies" 900 miles from CT to SC, but I will only have a matter of days with the vehicle prior to her departure. :eek:

You bought it in CT it looks like, did you check the frame for rust yet? Hopefully you won't have that issue, but it is a common problem that you should check for. Take a look at page 5 of my cardomain pages in my sig below for details...