tire and wheel question time (again)

zx6r240sx

I haven't had any luck finding the stock Pathfinder SE aluminum wheels in good shape, so, I've decided to splurge and go for new aftermarket wheels. Decided on **** Cepek DC-1. My truck is a 97 XE 4x4, stock, not lifted. Wheels come in 15x8, will this fit? what is the correct BS? and what size tire can I fit without cutting anything up? stock SE size for tires is 265-75-15 I beleive. As far as I know the SE and XE ae the same as far as suspension clearance (or am I wrong?) Just want to get rid of the training wheel look of the whimpy XE tire/wheel package.

Also, currently my truck has the tires tilted outward at the top of the tire (dont remember is this is posittive or negative), enough to create uneven tire wear. Any way to correct this before I get new tires? It doesnt look like the front suspension is adjustable.

TIA for the help.

Sal

You can put 31 x 10.5s on your stock steel wheels on a 97XE. They will rub at full lock on the inside of the frame (uni-body), but only at full lock - parking lots, etc. The clearance on the strut base is close, but not a problem.

The advantage is they won't stick out past the body on the factory steelies like they do on the 15 x 8 aftermarkets w/ 4 in backspacing. But a 10.5 wide tire does set up better on an 8 inch rim, ultimately the wider wheel is a good choice.

m.

I just watched an auction on eBay with the exact wheels I have go for $180 + $100 shipping. I think shipping *might* actually be cheaper than that but I'd have to check. These are some of my favorite factory wheels, but I needed ones that were wider with less backspacing for my new tires.

I had 265/75/16 BFG AT's on them and the width wasn't a problem (being a 16x7" rim). I can measure backspacing for you if you'd like.

I'll get a few pictures of them as soon as I clean them up but it's about 20 degress outside and the things will turn into a block of ice if I spray them down. :P They're in pretty dang good condition overall.

Here's that auction on eBay. I'll include the 4 center caps and lug nuts if you want. :beer:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...56148485&rd=1,1

Let me know.

yes, please , let me know. I am going to wait another week or so before i make a decision anyway, because, well, i'd rather sopend an extra 100 now, and do it right, rather then order new wheels and tires, then find out i could have gone one more size.

I guess I was just curious as to whether you're interested AT ALL. If so I'll go ahead and clean the things up and make them nice and shiny for a few pictures. :D

Where are you located?

Also, feel free to email me at tmorgan4@frii.com if you'd rather talk through email.

Thanks!

Tmorgan4, I sent you an email offline.

Herm, I'm in NYC. I have the chromed steel wheels. I'd be willing to sell em to you once i get replacements. The wheels are in very good shape, no rust, no dents, no flaking chrome. Not looking to get rich, so, I'll entertain reasonable offers.

Sal