TBI questions

89_trailboss

pulled the TBI off my 88 cause it looked to be in much better shape and has alot less milage.

anyways 88, what was that port/tube that was completely clogged on yours?

and anyone know what all is done on a P&P of the TBI? polishing the TBI looks to be relitacly easy, but what is there to port on this thing? I see a few minor things that could be done, but nothing really jumps out.

OMG. that is disgusting. I pulled the TBI off my 88 and there was very minimal crap build up. there was some black @!*%, but nothing that I would even bother cleaning off(and in a freak when it comes to my motor). so today I pulled my 89 TBI off and OMG, that was completly discusting. I have NEVER EVER seen somthing that dirty and just :oops:

the 2.5" hole in the intake manifold where the TBI mounts to was discusting. you could not see ANY EGR or PCV tubs. and after digging threw 3/16" of crud, I could make out where each port was supposed to be. I then took a shop vac and a screw driver and dug/sucked all the crap outa the ports.

Is the EGR that little peice that screws into the intake man. and has the rubber hose going to the right(passanger) side valve cover?

88, how did you manage to make TB spacers and still have enough bolt to hold the TBI on?

A very nice person loaned me the money to buy a wrecked 89 with a rebuilt auto in it, so I got that and have been saving up for a shift kit to put in it before I install it. Problem is that you have to tear the trans down again to put the shift kit in. Another $200+ I have to save for...

The shift kit is usually a pin and they are really cheap. Its the labor to put that lil thing in there that costs alot.

yes, I know that the kits them selves are cheap(like I said, under $50). but labour shouldnt be an issue for 88 as im sure he would do it himself.