'88 body bolts - thread and length?

mws

I will be cutting down my body lift soon. Taking it from 3" to about 1". Cutting the blocks down will be easy, but I will need shorter bolts. It would be preferred to have them in hand rather than discover the bolts I need are special order once the truck is half apart...

Does any one know the diameter and pitch or the threads? I recall the rearmost are metric and thread into a weld in nut in the body, but it looks like the others that came with the lift kit are SAE? I imagine the stockers would have been metric.

And what is the length of the rear bolts? Stock or lift kit version length is fine - I can do the math to figure out what I'll need. It looks like I can measure the rest in place, but hey, if know the length of the rest that will help me as well.

TIA!

Does any one know the diameter and pitch or the threads? I recall the rearmost are metric and thread into a weld in nut in the body, but it looks like the others that came with the lift kit are SAE? I imagine the stockers would have been metric.

And what is the length of the rear bolts? Stock or lift kit version length is fine - I can do the math to figure out what I'll need. It looks like I can measure the rest in place, but hey, if know the length of the rest that will help me as well.

TIA!

Under rear seats bolts:

standart: M10x100x1.25

for 1" lift: M10x130x1.25

Rear bolts:

standart: M10x100x1.25 (3 door) or M12x100x1.25 (5 door)

for 1" lift: M10x130x1.25 (3 door) or M12x130x1.25 (5 door)

Thank you, Mr. Locust!

I'm lowering it for a number of reasons....

1) Fuel economy

2) Since I'm only using 31" tires and already have 2+" of suspension lift I don't need 3". 1" will be plenty.

3) Being a techno-geek engineer, I prefer function over form. A lower CG is (almost) always a good thing...

4) My wife would prefer not having to climb as far.

5) My mother can't get in it as it is. And she can't get in our BMW because it is too low...

6) I have long legs, but not that long! I have to slide off the edge of the seat when I get out. Why wear it out?

7) I don't like the way the brake, power steering, and radiator lines had to be stretched out/modified.

8) As it is, it is just a scosche too tall for me to clean the entire windshield from one side.

9) I don't like the TC lever boot being scrunched and 4Lo is difficult to engage. Yes, I know about the HB lever conversion.

Lastly, and least significantly, I don't like the look of over lifted (or over lowered) trucks. As my friend puts it so eloquently, it "just looks ghey". I prefer just enough to achieve the desired functionality.