Off-roading the new Pathfinder

PathFound

I found this article about off-roading the new Pathfinder. I hope this hasn't been posted before. The Pathfinder used is the UK version with a turbo diesel 4 cylinder engine. I really wish Nissan would sell the Pathfinder with this engine in Canada.

http://www.carenthusiast.com/roadtests.htm...article&id=1634

Edited by PathFound

By IRS I guess you mean Independent Rear Suspension? For hardcore off-roading it's not as good, but I bet it keeps the truck more stable in dirt roads at high speed. When I drive my '91 pretty fast (80-90 km/h) on dirt roads the rear end tends to 'hop'. Pretty scary actually.

By IRS I guess you mean Independent Rear Suspension? For hardcore off-roading it's not as good, but I bet it keeps the truck more stable in dirt roads at high speed. When I drive my '91 pretty fast (80-90 km/h) on dirt roads the rear end tends to 'hop'. Pretty scary actually.

Maybe slow down a little? :D

you need softer shocks.

I have the electronic shocks that can be set to soft or hard. I almost always drive with soft mode especially over bumpy roads.

I drive fast on dirt roads that are generally smooth, not full of potholes or washboarded. I was simply pointing out the different advantages of Independent Rear Suspension and Solid Rear Axles. In my case, and perhaps most peoples, rear independent suspension on this kind of truck would be better because most of the time people do not heavily off-road with them.