oh boy, this problem might be expensive...

RI_ChevyGuy85

yeah so i'm driving down the road, not beating on my pathy or anything at all, and i start hearing this shuddering/grinding noise when i'm in 2nd gear. go to put it in park, and i have trouble getting it into park. come out of the store, start her up and put in reverse, and it revs like i'm in neutral. then it jumps in and out gear, sending me into the car behind me. put it in drive, same thing happens. then it stops going into gear at all, and i had to push it.

random guess on my part.... clutches in the tranny? or something else? any ideas would be awesome, thanks guys

Tranny's shot. Sorry. When internal seals start leaking, they allow slippage which burns up the planet gears, the direct drive clutches and the servos. The stock cooler gets clogged up with burnt clutch parts and then reduces overall flow through the trans, which further exacerbates the problems until one day there's nothing left for it to engage and you end up with no reverse and nasty grinding noises. :(

actually where are u located....i have a perfect Auto out of my 95......only had or has 80,000 miles on the tranny never gave me any problems, but i am swapping it out for a manual....

(i havent actually dropped the tranny yet, because im still running all the lines, put the new pedals in, and then otherwise im done, and ready to drop the tranny....)

so if your interested, i will get a move on and drop it.....i dont really know how much i should charge for it, but since it is as far as i can tell perfect, (never abused, im the second owner) so i would like to possibly get something out of it....

just PM me if your interested.....

-sam