Hello From Saskatchewan

rpn453

New member here. I'm a mechanical engineer and a car guy, but I took an oilfield job and needed something that could handle muddy rig roads, so I ended up buying a '98 Pathfinder. It was the best well-maintained, off-road capable, private-sale SUV I could find, and I was fortunate that it even had a 5-speed.

I found this site while searching for the largest tires that will fit on a stock '98 Pathfinder.

I like discussing and performing automotive maintenance and my job gives me a lot of late nights with nothing to do but the internet, so I figured I'd hang around here to learn a few things about my Pathfinder and hopefully contribute a little too.

I found this site while searching for the largest tires that will fit on a stock '98 Pathfinder.

Did you find the answer? It's only been asked about 400 times! :D

Welcome to the board!! Nice find on the 5 speed.

Did you find the answer? It's only been asked about 400 times! :D

Welcome to the board!! Nice find on the 5 speed.

Yep, it didn't take much searching to find the answer to that one!

The 5-speed was a good find. There was an automatic of the same year with the same mileage and $400 cheaper that I was going to look at after if this one had any flaws. I was the first person to look at it. I showed up, inspected it, took it for a drive, and paid the guy what he was asking. I didn't get it for really cheap, but he was asking a reasonable price and had obviously taken care of it, so I didn't even dicker. It looks like it has never been off pavement, it has never been in an accident, the interior is mint, and the Carfax report, which I checked for peace of mind between giving him a deposit and getting him a bank draft, showed that it had been into the dealer for service every 3000 miles or so for most of its life.

Better fuel economy would be nice, but other than that it's a very nice ride. It gets compliments from most of my passengers.