how to open driver side rear door

88blk4x4

I'm about to start working on my 91 4 door pathy but i cant get the driver side rear door to open. I have tried using both door handles and niether one will open it. any ideas on how to get the door to release?? Thanks, Charles

Edited by 88blk4x4

Make sure the lock knob is pulled all the way up. I had a problem with one of mine recently, where the lock had jammed in the middle, neither locked, nor unlocked, and using the power lock switch to unlock wouldn't budge it. I had to manually pull the knob, and all was fine. Worth a shot.

Are you sure it's unlocked? Sorry, had to ask. Anyhow, it could be that the locking mechanism broke or that the levers broke off of the door release. Only way I can think of is to remove the interior door panel and work your way in the door shell and unlock it from there.

Are you sure it's unlocked? Sorry, had to ask. Anyhow, it could be that the locking mechanism broke or that the levers broke off of the door release. Only way I can think of is to remove the interior door panel and work your way in the door shell and unlock it from there.

I've checked it, then I manually pulled on the knob, it's all of the way up. I was afraid I was going to have to pull the panel off. that might wait till after the motor gets back in...