Tried searching, no luck....

bundyboy

Have an autolokka for the rear and looking at putting an LSD up front, don't like air lockers, nor do I want an autolokka up there as well. I drive a 94 widebody V6, wth C200 front diff. I think a 87-89 turbo 300zx LSD will fit. I looked at one the other day, looks too big. Does the whole diff head go in or just seperate parts from the LSDd itself?

Al

Thanks for that. Reason I don't like Air lockers is that all my mates have them and although they don't have problems with the diff itself, they do with the compressor, electrics or airlines. We have some hard country to contend with in NZ. I didn't think the whole diff swapped, thanks 88. See what price I can knock him down as the deal includes the whole driveline assembly and all I want i a few inners. B)

Al

Forgive me for my ignorance 88, but one more question. You see I am a nurse manger/backyard mechanic not a pro :D Will the diff ratio make any difference to changing the inners as you suggest. The lsd will come out of an auto 300zx. My front diff ratio, being petrol and manual, is 4.3:1. I am sure nissan autos are 4.6:1. Will this be a problem or am I off on a tangient.( I know they need to be the same ratio front and rear)

Al

Ok, as it says in the motorsports catalog...

R200A limited-slip assy/front

Prior to installing either L/S assy, the listed LH lock nut(38227-2100) must be installed.

38420-T6073 L/S Assy (12mm) retail price- $856

Not the cheapest option, but its a whole unit. If you are so inclined, swaping from a z car might be a little cheaper.

• 1 month later...
Forgive me for my ignorance 88, but one more question. You see I am a nurse manger/backyard mechanic not a pro :D Will the diff ratio make any difference to changing the inners as you suggest. The lsd will come out of an auto 300zx. My front diff ratio, being petrol and manual, is 4.3:1. I am sure nissan autos are 4.6:1. Will this be a problem or am I off on a tangient.( I know they need to be the same ratio front and rear)

Al

By the way, gear ratios were not all according to transmission selection. I've seen autos with 4.3's and manuals with 4.6's.