Snapping sound from left front end

BLouisGod

Just put on a left new tie rod end and new half shafts and for some reason, turning left and sometimes right creates a SNAPPING noise from the front end. Could this be torsion bar wear? Ive inspected all bushing and nothing looks broken or lose. Any insight is welcomed! thanks :beer:

Edited by BLouisGod

Common causes for that are the frame-to-crossmember bolts being a little loose or the turn stops rubbing their sockets with no plastic caps on them.

yeah it sounds like the cross member bolts and the steering linkage, but ive gone through and torqued down the bolts. ill look at the turn stops. thanks.

Guest SuperSon

I re torqued mine to 100ft.Lbs and it kelped a little but theres still that pop once in a while. I think I didnt torque it good enough tho coz I dont have much room underneath without having to raise the front end up

ok thinking about it again, shouldnt when you are torquing the member bolts down, have the truck off the ground, because then you are truely torquing them with no (hopefully) real pressure twisting on them??? maybe not, cuz they still support the truck but just trying to think of the best way...

-sam