New winter tires

ILoveMyPatty

Well, I reckon it's time I get some winters. There's 3 days of snow on the week forecast, sooo I'm not taking any chances. Ran around town today getting quotes from every tire shop, cheapest being $978 for some studded tires, Arctic Claws (mounted and balanced). Last tire shop I went to I walk in, "I'm looking for some dedicated winters, studded preferably, in 31x10.50 15s"

"Okay, give me one second"

"Hey, is Mike working today?"

"Yep, he's in the back"

Mike walks out and we're talking for a bit, guy hands me the slip... 30% discount, $747 for Cooper Discoverer M&S's studded, mounted and balanced :D

Seems like a pretty dern good price to me, seeing how the next cheapest tire was $250 more.

I'll have pictures after they're on the Pathy! I hope they don't rub.

Not much, really. Just flurries/showers here in Merritt the next few days, snow level rising to 1,000m by tomorrow afternoon. Heading to the Island next week, so I hope the Coq is not too bad :P

All the snow is gone from higher up, 1,500m or so. Need to have the logging roads freeze up so we can haul logs again, make some money :D

Yayyy logs, money and the smell of diesel! :D

I love that smell.... :P

Loggers demolished the road to our fishing resort.... it was a sad sight. I could barely make it there in the Pathy in 4wd with 2" of snow... and it's always been a 2ws road in the spring/summer/fall... It was sooo rutted out.. My mom was freaking out in the pass. seat. It was fun...kinda. If we were to get stuck, ohhhh boy, we woulda been hooped.

Forecast has changed.  Now calling for up to 20cm of snow on the passes (over 800m) in the next 24 hours.

Wife is supposed to drive over the Coq this afternoon to Langley.  She may pass on that drive.

i hate how us americans use english measurements =P i'm all for metric hehe

Edited by QuismO

Forecast has changed. Now calling for up to 20cm of snow on the passes (over 800m) in the next 24 hours.

Wife is supposed to drive over the Coq this afternoon to Langley. She may pass on that drive.

So my wife drives down to Vancouver this afternoon. They hold traffic at the toll both at the Coq summit (1,200m) due to an accident on the snowshed hill.

Of course, when they let the traffic through, it just turns into a race. A race to see who can crash first as it turns out. My wife and a SUV go down the snowshed hill at 20-30 kph and she watches 6 cars all crash independently of each other. Some go off to the right, one ends up on top of the center divider. Took 2 hours to get from Merritt to Hope, about 120 km.

No problems for my wife as she was driving to the conditions and the van has 4 winter tires on it. She did a good job, well done.

As for the 1/2 dozen+ idiots, what can one say?