R50 Bumper end removal

esembe

Remove the entire rear bumper cover. The metal winglets are secured to the inside of the bumper cover.

Remove the bumper cover by removing the screws and bolts holding the mudflaps on, removing the bolts along the bottom edge of the cover, and by popping off the 6 clips holding it to the rear hatch sill. Then, lightly pull outwards on each side of the bumper where the winglets are. There are plastic clips securing the winglets to the body. You can see where the plastic clips insert into the body in this pic:

receiver_location.jpg

The steps outlined from the FSM above are for 99.5+ rear bumpers. 96-99 have the metal winglets, but 99.5+ simply have a fully plastic bumper cover. Note in the photo that there are two plastic "holes" in the body where the winglets would attach, but in the FSM diagram, there are no holes.

Awesome guys. But yeha, I have the 96-99 R50, and I'm only replacing the two front chrome peices.

I almost figured you had to take the whole bumper off, but I was hoping you guys would know and easier way.

If anyone knows how to do it, hit me up!

Thanks again! :D