UMMMMMMMMMMM?

Hud

So I thought that all 95 pathfinders came with the stock option for 31's...but I guess I was wrong... I just put 31"s on my pathfinder and it rub on the front and the back...

But thats not the big deal... I took care of that....Kind of...

So I took it on a trail and when I was done driving home I felt my steering was really weird..and the front tires make a squeling sound????

And if I let go of the wheel it shoots left to right...

Is this a simple alignment issue or something worse??

I took a look at the idler arm and it does'nt look screwed up at all.

Could use some help

Thanks...

post-6-1162795187.jpg

Edited by Hud

You may have bent tie rods. If the tires are toed together too much it would make them squeal from the poor alignment resulting from bending up the tie rods, centerlink, idler arm, anything in the steering system that was already semi-loose and just needed a few nudges to get it to go off-whack on you.

I searched this and found out about beefier steering systems...

The two mentioned most are L&P and Calamini...

Which is the better choice...

post-6-1162799570.jpg

Edited by Hud

The backset is 3 5/16"...

I was thinking that might be the problem, cause once I removed the vinyl trim around the wheel wells it stopped rubbing on the back... It was only hitting the screw heads that fastened the trim to the well..

But I think it might be my coil springs.. They seem really soft...

And in the front....same problem but also I had to cut out part of the fender so it would turn without catching... I cranked up my torsion bars and it gave it about an inch but did'nt still did'nt clear it on the turns..

post-6-1162876837.jpg

Edited by Hud

IIRC, the stock offset is 4". Mine are 3 3/4" but I'm running 32's and a susp. lift as well so it was a given I'd have to do a little chopping. You're springs are prolly worn a little and the shallow offset puts your front tires in a different arc when you turn. Nothing that a pair of snips can't fix, though.