Through Glass CB Antenna

deej

Yeah, I hadn't either. I did some looking around on the net though and the reviews said "not bad". I figure it's cheap enough and most of the time I'm not too far from others. There's a few different makes and I'm not even sure what kind this one I have on order is. Google "through glass cb antenna" and have a look. :)

Stay far away from the thru-glass antennas at these frequencies. They are miserable performers in the HF spectrum. It's easy enough to add a bracket to your tire carrier or use a trunk mount on the upper edge of your hatch. Even a mag-mount will work better than a thru-glass.

HTH...

Thanks for the info ga. For $15, I'm gonna install it just for looks! :P I have a magnetic that I've tried and I don't have a rear tire carrier and my rear spoiler will get in the way of a trunk mount so the next step will be a door jam mount like 95pathdn in this months "truck of the month". :aok:

• 2 weeks later...

Most antennas are two circuits, one of which is a ground. Your best performance will always come with a correct ground to the vehicle body metal. The window antennas are OK, but not as good as body mounted. The reason the glass mounts are so popular is that they are much easier to install, which is why they were so popular in the car mounted cell phone days of a few short years ago.

Not to change the subject, but when installing a new AM/FM antenna, it's a good idea to lightly sand inside the antenna hole, so the ground circuit will get a good clean bite into the body metal.