Slow leak tire

PathFound

I was out wheelin' last weekend on some forest service roads. A couple days later (during which time the truck was parked) I noticed the driver's rear tire completely flat. I pumped it up, inspected all around but found no nail or any object jammed into the tire. There's a slow leak because in 2 hours it lost 1 pound of pressure. I can't find where the leak is coming from and can hear NO air coming out.

Is there a product I can fill the tire with to seal a leak? I don't want to buy a new tire because they're all in good condition.

Thanks.

The easiest fix is to air it up, drive to a Wal-Mart or something and have it fixed....Wal-Mart plugged a hole in mine for 6 bucks.

or take the tire off, air it up, and pour soapy water on it....when you see bubbles....ta-da! air leak found.

Edited by govols74n

It doesn't take anywhere near an hour to find/patch a hole. They stick the tire on a machine with a spreader and go over the inside of the tire to find the puncture. Or they could go the old-skoo way and just dunk the whole shebang in a barrel of water and watch for bubbles.

when i had my 86 toyota with 33" swampers a couple of years ago, after a hard night wheeling i had same problem. took to les schwab. they put tire in water barrel and my leak was from the bead. they took tire off cleaned bead and remounted. i don't remember what the cost was.