lifts

milehighcowboy

so tell it true do you guys see a quicker wear in a lifted pathy than in a normalk one? i have been told by 4 wheel parts mechanics that lifting a pathy puts seriouse wear on steering and suspension parts. also that they always have something that goes wrong with it while lifting. what do you guys think?

i think they're right. if you don't do the proper steering upgrades ( L & P upgrades) then you will start to fubar parts very quick.. depending what type of wheeling you do, and how often.

susp lifts are harder on the parts than BL's........ but if you take the proper precautions and get allt he upgrade goodies then you should have many happy wheeling trips with few issues.

if you are hard on your "stuff". then yer gunna break SOMETHING....

TRE's and CV joints are the first to go POP....

Edited by Slick

I think its all relative. A suspension lift is going to strain most all suspension really. But most have easily available parts and kits, while Pathinders don't. A commonly worn part on a Chevy means a trip to the parts shop for a $20 part, but its not necessarily the same on a Nissan. If you're going to lift a Nissan, you might as well invest on the proper parts like UCA's, steering kits like L&P (on my to-do list), etc. But once you build it, you'll be hard pressed to break it.

...depending what type of wheeling you do, and how often...

...if you take the proper precautions and get allt he upgrade...

...if you are hard on your "stuff". then yer gunna break SOMETHING....

Those are all key to your questions and what you have heard.

No matter what truck you lift, it will wear things more, because you are operating it out of it's designed specs (angles, etc)... unless you do the lift properly and those specs are kept after the lift. But even then, some added stress will be on it (things like bigger tires do this)

Many many many people have lifted Nissans, those who have done it right and do not intentionally beat the crap out of them, tend to not have a lot of problems.