what to get?

89_trailboss

I was my bday today and I got some money. pretty much I can either get a winch(9500lbs Chapion) or headers(pacesetters of course!). what would you guys get?

ive been in quite a few situations were a winch would have saved many other ppl's trucks including mine. but my manifolds are cracked and are making a TERRIABLE ticking sould. it drives me NUTS! flowmaster doestn even come close to drowning "the" tick away. :(

just looking for some opions :aok:

Go winch, I'm not impressed with the pacesetters, I've seen them on several differen't vehicles and haven't been impressed. Plus if you do get the winch you can charge all the suckers you pull out. B)

I wont go thorleys unless I find them used.

theres no way im going to put close to 500 bucks into headers on my truck at this time. plus I am a welder and work with steel every day. I have no problem making a new ypipe, machining the flange and any other work that would need to be done to the pacesetters. I have heard and seen just as many problems with thorleys as I have pacestters.

I may end up attempting to make a set of headers too. one of my teachers works at a local preformance shop and I have seen many of his headers he has built. he's willing to lend a hand and help me with mine If i deside to make some. I have axcess to a CNC plasma and flow jet and have toyed with auto cad(very little tho) so making the flange shouldnt be an issue.

Yeah, I wouldn't spend $500 on Thorleys, either.  '

Fortunately, they only cost $340 from Summit...

:bow: amen brotha. i paid $338 from summit for mine. (chrome nickle plated.. the ceramic coated are $400+)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!!!!! yeah. get thorleys. sly

Edited by Slick