Oh yeah, and...

88pathoffroad

Dual battery isolator, Optima in front, giant-arse Dynasty Broadband Service gel-cell battery in rear. No pics of the rear battery cause it's MESSY and I intend to rework the rear setup when I get a chance.

newisolator.jpg

Coming soon: How-To page on installing a set of these:

bjspacers.jpg

Also some custom 1" rear spring spacers for even more rear end lift goodness. I know, I know, the BJ spacers are AC parts, but I bought them for $20 off someone that wanted to get rid of them and I figure hey, why not? They're $80 new. For CRAPPILY laser-cut 1" steel coated with zinc chromate! :P

sad part is ... they actually used a torch on those ... you can tell because of the way the burn bends near the outer edge of the cut ... if they were plasma'd or laser ... it would be WAY smooth ...

I bought a set of those ... and never installed them .... they just looked too crappy ... even though I am sure they will work fine ...

Shoot, that's not bad for torch-cut stuff. Are you sure? I really think they're laser-cut...I've seen some stuff come off an old CNC machine that was just like that. They're pretty uniform for hand-cut material... Plus, you gotta take into consideration that it's 1" thick steel!

I finished these:

coilspacers.jpg

They're actually .75" thick, now that I take the caliper to them and measure accurately. Dangit. Ah well, I'll also re-use the old 1/4" spacers that are already on top of the springs and get another full inch out of the rear...

Oh, and a note on the spring spacers: if anyone wants to make their own, a 2.5 lb coffee can is about the right size to begin with... Use a utility knife with a brand new razorblade and have more blades on hand, cause they dull out pretty fast on thick rubber...wierd as that may seem. I can also make more spacers pretty easily if anyone wants some. $10 plus shipping, not to exceed $4 in the continental US!

yeah I am sure ... laser is a LOT cleaner ...

we used to use gas on an automated machine to cut steel crossing plates to put over utility ditches ... I'm sure you have seen these before ...

we anything from 3/4 to 1.5 inch steel plates ... they all turn out just like that ... and for gas ... it is pretty darn good ... CNC aluminum would be nicer ... but of course they would be a little more expensive ...

Hey 88, where would one track down chunks of rubber that thick? Sounds pretty routine, but I've looked around (obviously in the wrong places!) and haven't seen anything suitable. I'd like to try making spacers, among other things.