Lift kit ideas anyone?

RI_ChevyGuy85

i am just starting to get into off roading, thanks to the 95 pathy i just bought. i really want to do a body lift on it, but i can't seem to find anywhere online to buy one for a 95. seems like everyone's selling stuff for pre-90's. any ideas on where to look? how hard would it be to install? (i've got some basic general experience and tend to have a nack for mechanical stuff, just never been invovled with lifts before)

Instructions come in the box.....a Body lift IS a LOT of work from what I hear. Very labour intensive, but not difficult. Just make sure to do one side at a time, and when jacking up the body, have someone look to see that nothing is binding/catching (hoses/lines), then slide the blocks in, and bolt them up.

The biggest issue I've heard when doing a body lift, is that sometimes the steering shaft doesn't want to extend. So you have to take it out and "persuade" it.

Other than that, you may need to notch the floor, or extend your shifter for your 4x4, as it may not go all the way into 4Lo.

Yeah, 4X4parts...That's where I bought mine, and getting ready to put mine on. Wanting to get a few guys over first. The more bodies the faster it will go. Like they say, "more heads are better than one." :aok:

Good luck with your lift! :beer:

If you're on a budget and will settle for a lift of say 50mm (2") or less, you could go to an engineering workshop to cut and drill some polyproperline or uhmwpe blocks and just buy longer high-tensile bolts to match. You'll need 10 between the body and frame and 2 more for the center floor pan sopport.

:secret: Tip- You will need to remove the front bumper for the lift.

On each of the bumper brackets, I drilled a hole (equivilent to the lift) below the forwad most mounting hole, then drilled 2 steel strips (aprox 30mmx70mmx3mm) to connect the rear most bumper monting bolt-hole to the chassis.

Alternatively, you could make notches in the body just below the front bumper mounts.This method will leave an od looking gap between the top of your bumper and headlights/grille.

I also changed a small diff breather hose located in behind the starboad-bow (right front) wheel.

I recommend replacing the power-steering hose that runs down from the filler reservoir too. My body lift is only 40mm and it looks a little stretched...

I need to notch the floor pan so the trensfer lever will engage 4-Low comfortably, it's a bit of an effort at the moment but I can get it to engage...

:secret: Tip - release the hand brake and chock the wheels or you'll risk stressing the cables...

I loosened all the bolts first, then removed bolts from one side and proceeded to lift one side at a time from front to rear...

After I did the lift, my mechanic said if I'd have spoken to him first, I could have had the body mounts from his wrecked Nissan Dbl-Cab Pickup for free, I'd just have to buy new bolts... Doh!...

Trawl the net for as much info as you can get, and have a good look around you rig before jumping into the job. It will take you quite a few hours to do by yourself, but great once you're done!...

I have 40mm BL and 35- 40mm SL and can run 32" MT's

I hope this helps....

Good luck!!!

:beer:

ok it's official, my buddy and i are going to have to get drunk and do this. only good things happen with beer so i'm sure i won't screw it up haha

took my pathy on the best off-road trip i've ever taken it on last friday. and i thought CT had nothing to offer! we actually ended up finding an old NIKE missle site