Coolant leaking

yunuy

well. my advice... don't keep taking the cap on and off.. it lets the pressure out.. and air in... i dunno how the 99's are. but if i keep doing that to my 92. she gets all "gassy" and i have to burp her again.. vurry fussy she is. :rolleyes:

glad you got the issue fixed :cool2:

opps...

I'll stop open the gap again.

Btw, how do you know it gets all gassy?

Also if the overheating is fixed, can I test it by driving in 1 or 2nd gear to test it out?

And if it is fixed, the temp should not go up right? Any advice on what rpm I should keep at when test in 1 or 2nd gear and for how long?

Thanks

YunuY

the only thing you'd be "testing" is your transmission. just let it sit in your driveway for 15 mins running....... that'll soon tell you if it's going to overhaeat or not. sitting heats the truck up faster.. it's nto getting any air to cool teh rad so if it's going to over heat. it'll do it at idle in the driveway ;)

opps...

I'll stop open the gap again.

Btw, how do you know it gets all gassy?

Also if the overheating is fixed, can I test it by driving in 1 or 2nd gear to test it out?

And if it is fixed, the temp should not go up right? Any advice on what rpm I should keep at when test in 1 or 2nd gear and for how long?

Thanks

YunuY

you missed it slick.. take the darn thing offroading yunuy.. that'll light it's fire.. hahahaha

the only thing you'd be "testing" is your transmission. just let it sit in your driveway for 15 mins running....... that'll soon tell you if it's going to overhaeat or not. sitting heats the truck up faster.. it's nto getting any air to cool teh rad so if it's going to over heat. it'll do it at idle in the driveway ;)

hmm, I will let it running for 15 mins tomorrow morning.

In the other words, idle for 15 mins is about the same as driving 70 or 80 mph on freeway?

YunuY

you missed it slick.. take the darn thing offroading yunuy.. that'll light it's fire.. hahahaha

Well.. My pathy is a 2wd, not sure if it get handle the offroading><

But I would like to try it once.

you should try it sometime but i WARN you, it's addicitive.. LOL.. start with large puddles or small mudholes... have fun. :)

start with going with me.. my front diff is cooked in mini me (my '92 pathy) and until i get my plates for king caca (my91 pathy) i an runnin strictly off LSD and transfer case for help..hehehe....adds that "excitement" factor to things.. really sly

and when i say run it in your driveway. make sure the pathy is WORKING TEMP before you let it sit......

start with going with me.. my front diff is cooked in mini me (my '92 pathy) and until i get my plates for king caca (my91 pathy) i an runnin strictly off LSD and transfer case for help..hehehe....adds that "excitement" factor to things.. really sly

and when i say run it in your driveway. make sure the pathy is WORKING TEMP before you let it sit......

Just want to know if I have done it correctly.

I have found the burp vavle for my pathy, it is called som ehting air relief plug. Anyways, I remove the plug, turn on the truck, saw clooant flow to the top on the tube and stayed there with little dripping out, and small white bubble appears, and gone. And I plugged the plug back as I did not see any white bubbles.

Should I turn off the truck before I close the valve that doesnt matter.

As for testing, I wake up late today, I will do it on my lunch time.

Thanks

YunuY

Update: coolant leaks last night and this morning.

Took to body shop, did not do anything.

So I took to the dealer next door.

Within 1.5 hour, works done. They replace a new rad under warranty. from the invoice, it shows leak from seams.

Tech told me that it will still leak for 20 to 50 miles. And should be no leaking after that.

I will keep checking . Not sure if they burp the rad, I will do that anyways.

YunuY

Im thinking that it was a hairline fracture in the Rad from your accident... BTW it takes about 15 min to pull the radiator...

I feel it is the hairline fracture too. Just that I found that it leaks from 3 different location under the rad.

I told the tech from dealer that check if it is cause by accident or not, and the result is no trace of impact. And all the leaking is from seams. So it is good. saved 635 under warranty.

YunuY

it shouldn't leak at all now.. not 20, not 50mi.. not at all.

:cool2:

Just checked, there are few drops under rad, problaby left over from when replace the rad. So I am going to wip it clean and check on it.

It is probably my illusion, with the new rad the gas pedal and engine sound better than before :P

YunuY