Airaid Throttle body spacer.

SteeevO

just flip'n through a catalog and saw airaid makes a TBS for the frontier and X- so i was thinking that the 3.3 TBS will fir the 3.0 VGs... has anyone tried this? or is everyone with be thinking that it will fit.. :)

I've just put a bigger TB on my VG30E Will let you know when I get it dyno'd what the go is...She seems to go faster

Oh yeah the TB I used is 98% bolt on :cool2: -bounce-

PM me to remind me :shrug:

i know that the tornado diddn't word but thos one has no fins restricting the flow so i'm thinking this one might work..

waht kind of TB was the one u used?

TB spacers are snake oil. There is NO difference in power or mileage when using one. Just like the Tornado.

ok..I'm new and I hate to disagree, but I have dyno proven a throttle body spacer on my mustang, given they were very minimal gains (under 5hp) but still a gain. Then when I added a new 75mm plenum and matching TB and got a new 75mm spacer I gained 12 hp. Yes they are small gains, but every little bit helps.

Mustangs love getting more air, I dont know if the nissan motors will react the same way to these kinds of mods, but spacers are not snake oil.

Tornadoes are useless we dynoed with one just to see and it actually reduces HP by about 5 HP on a mustang, its more of a restriction than anything.

On a 5 liter V8, I could see the potential, but on a underpowered 3 liter V6 in an overweight vehicle, the gains for a $60-$120 throttlebody spacer are going to be 0-1 HP max. I've seen dyno sheets and read multiple reviews, all you have to do is Google it. ;)

On a 5 liter V8, I could see the potential, but on a underpowered 3 liter V6 in an overweight vehicle, the gains for a $60-$120 throttlebody spacer are going to be 0-1 HP max. I've seen dyno sheets and read multiple reviews, all you have to do is Google it. ;)

you're killing my joy!!!! =P

I usually prefer actual dyno sheets in my hand to internet ones, but thats just my personal preferance. ;)

I never said it would have awesome power gains on the nissan, I just said they arent snake oil. I clearly stated that I didnt know if the Nissan motors would respond as well to the spacer. Also, its a 4.6 not a 5.0 Ford stopped production on 5.0 mustangs in 1995.

Edited by Pavelow Leaks