Yet more rim size questions!

arctic_mark

OK, there's a lot of info and debate about wheel rim sizes etc, but I can't seem to find out what I want to know!!! Perhaps I'm just being a bit "chalanged" :confused:

Anyways. . . for my '94 SE V6 Pathy:-

If I have a 3" suspension lift and 3" body lift giving a combined 6" what size rims should I be running for 33" tires wothout getting any fender rub? (something tells me this is a very common question!) :unsure:

I want to run 33s on 15" rims but not sure what the best rim width and tire width would be and what the best back spacing would be. But I'd like something wider than the 31x10.50 tires / 15"x7" rims that I'm running now:- maybe 31x12.50R15s on 15'x10' rims?

I'm willing to do a bit of trimming but don't want to get too crazy with the Sawzall. I'm a little afraid of f***ing the whole thing up if I do that :hide: so would rather go for an option with limited or no rub at all.

If all this is posted somewhere else them I prostrate myself before you in abject appology :bow:

Thanks

Mark

Edited by arctic_mark

Hmm, lets see if I can remember all this...

33s will generally still rub somewhat with a 3x3 lift, but light trimming of the fender flares generally fixes this.

The wider you go, the more strain on the steering components and the more likely you will have rubbing issues and I believe the appropriate backspacing for the rims are 3.5" ? 3.75" ? You may need to adjust your wheel stops.

32x11.5 may be a happy medium ? On 8 or 9" wide rims ?

I believe 88 runs 33x10.5 ? Mainly to avoid the rubbing issue ?

B

Hmm, it says he runs 13.5" wide swampers now... Did I miss a tire swap ? :shrug:

Edited by Precise1