Wiring Q's

El Pathfindero

doing some wiring on EL P lately but have a few q's

1. Where is the wiring harness for a trailer loacated, tore through my taillight harness a little bit and cant find it, if not there how hard is that too tap?

2. where does everyone mount their relays for aftermarket lights?

4. Will have four different circuits of lights leading off of my battery, as well as my stereo, would wiring in a second fuse box be a good idea, so it doesn't look like the jungle book is crawling off my battery??

5. want to wire in a second and maybe third 12 volt female end, where would be the best way to tap those in (one will be in hatch for sure)

6. want to tie in some small fog light to my reverse light circuit, just splice off my existing reversle light wire right?

Have quite a good deal of exp. with electronics, but just value second opinions, will post up more questions later.........

El P :aok:

doing some wiring on EL P lately but have a few q's

1. Where is the wiring harness for a trailer loacated, tore through my taillight harness a little bit and cant find it, if not there how hard is that too tap?

i did this little write up....... may help ya a bit ;)

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=10354

2. i only have 1 thusfar and it's on the firewall by near the factory one..

4. yes do another fuse box... i'm considering the same..

6. NO. i'd definitely put them on a seperate switch.. it may not be legal otherwise..

5. the rear one you could possibly tap from the lights but if you want continuous juice, you ought to run a seperate wire from #4.

:)

1. T-One connector - $22 at Hitches For Less.

2. I have 5 located between the battery and fuse box on passenger side wheel well (moved the fuses back an inch or so).

4. For headlights, I tapped off the original headlight fuses (a bit tricky to do). Fogs, I ran wires and fuse holder to unused position in exiting fuse box. Stereo used adapter harness.

5. What use is this for?

6. Like mz said. The wires in the tail lights may not be heavy enough.

5. Got a power invertor want to throw in back hatch, and also one or two more in glove box for other stuff like radar detector and thermometer

El P :aok:

What is the wattage of the inverter? You would probably be better off running a fused line (I'd use at least #6) off the battery. The other low current stuff could be tapped of the factory lighter circuit.

6. want to tie in some small fog light to my reverse light circuit, just splice off my existing reversle light wire right?

just did this tonight sorta...my reverse switch is busted so im just going to throw a switch on the dash so i can hit it for seeing behind me while backing...use as reverse lights when needed...and of course angled upwards to blind the common tailgater on my way to/from work esp since its soon going to be dark when i get to work and dark when i leave

2nd fuse box...that sounds good...i mainly jump off of a fuse in my existing panel instead of running an inline from the battery...i might make 2 smaller 1's 1 in the rear for lights and what not back there and 1 up front for all the auxillary crap up front so i dont have to run wires all over the place