Exhaust...

Pathfinder-jay

I have used the fiberglass repair kit (roving and high temp resin) it worked fine.

Just make sure you clean and sand the pipe around the hole EXTREMELY well before you apply it. The better prepped the pipe, the better seal you will get and the longer it will last.

Get it on nice and snug and do not drive through water for "at least" 24hrs (48+ is better) or it will compromise the patch. Resulting in a poorer seal and a patch that will degrade much much faster.

my only issue is that its leaking from the flange... where the catalyst converter meets the pipe before the down pipe from the engine... I changed the pipe from engine down, then the pipe after that but now since the old pipe had a crooked flange it broke the seal on this one... and theres no way of fixing it or bending it back due to the condition its in... i mean every other peice is mint cept that one lmao... just a bit poor this month

Anyhow let me know

Jay

You just need something to fill the gap between the flanges? If the gap isn't too crazy big you could prolly use some high-temp gasket maker, the copper stuff. Any auto parts store has it.I used it on my header collecter to y-pipe flange and it works great.

17914.jpg

Edited by jj big shoe