And now the speedometer breaks....

SaKaNa

So I figured out what was going on for my last topic.. my speed sensor or something is REALLY $#&%ed up... I'm driving down a highway at like 80mph, and my speedometer is jumping from 0-100 or so, all over the &^%*@$# place.. what in gods name is going on guys?

I dont know WHATS bad, I just know that I'm driving down a highway and cruise control is on, and the engine keeps running then slowing down, running, slowing down, as if I were slightly hitting the gas then letting go... then the speedometer goes &^%*@$# crazy... WHY ME? What the hell is going on and how can I fix this bull@!*%.

first off, dont use cc if u have a speedo isnt working. it will not function properly

most likely culprit as dan stated is the vss. perhaps since it works intermitantly, it could be a loose wire or harness, theres alot of wires that can be fouled up from behind your cluster all the way to your tcase where the vss is located.

CC was going bad earlier today... the speedometer died after I tried using CC while it was messed up, then I just had to go whatever I thought was the speed limit and keep my radar detector turned up.

I still have the tachometer, so I can base my speed on that, but this is retarded.

I live on a huge hill, and yesterday there was a TON of water coming down it from that storm, and I had to back up in it a good distance... the splash guard thing tore off of some bolts, and the speedometer / cruise doesnt work any more... think the two situations are somehow related?

Mostly likely no. Unless you fully submerged your transfer case into water for an extended period of time thus soaking your vss into a non working state. The speedo dying and cc not working are pretty much related since the car bases the speed for cc off the speedo....