On the subject of Intakes

Guest criminal_saint

Guest criminal_saint

Just a quick follow up suggestion to the posts below regarding intake sugestions:

The custom K&N install suggestion seems to be the most cost effective soultion to the lack of acutall K&N products avail to pathfinders, only thing being, one would bennefit from colder air on the intake thus is that cone going to be effective sitting where the airbox used to be? I only say that becasue I can see it sucking in a lot of warm air in that position. Anyone ever considered cutting out the bottom of the airbox and running vaccum or dryer hose down to a fresh air source? I've done this with my 89 ford probe GT and it worked great only major drawback was the uglyness of the product (if you looked closely behind the grill that is). Just an Idea if you're really broke arse. :rolleyes:

Also, take into consideration that most of the heat under the hood comes from the exhaust manifolds and the radiator, which are located next to the framerails and in the front center, respectively. The stock airbox really isn't in that bad of a spot to begin with. The only time a cone filter would be pulling hot air would be at idle or at low speeds. When the vehicle is in motion, air shoots right over the top of the headlight on the driver's side and goes right through the stock airbox location.

Guest criminal_saint

Very true, when it comes to offroading I would assume you would want to use a intake with a bypass in case the cone were become submerged. Evidently I chose to go with the "prop charger adaptor method" with a K&N cone; have yet to put it in because I'm shopping around for a cheaper K&N cone. FYI if anybody has any trouble finding an adaptor for a cone filter (as was mentioned on a post below) there is a place by where I work that has tonnes of them.

Guest madmax

Are the air intakes on a '93 VG30 the same as the '95 VG30? I see that Weapon R sells an Air Flow Meter adapter with filter for '95-up Pathys. I wonder if it would work on the '93 and give me a performance boost..... :wacko:

Any thoughts? Ideas?

By the way, thanks for all responses regarding the ashtray!! You guys are the best!! :D

Go with the in the box type K+N, thats what I have and I love it. You can get them on ebay for cheap every once in a while. Plus you still have the option of adding a snorkel to the airbox for use later if you get into offroading and beep waters. :cool2:

Are the air intakes on a '93 VG30 the same as the '95 VG30? I see that Weapon R sells an Air Flow Meter adapter with filter for '95-up Pathys. I wonder if it would work on the '93 and give me a performance boost..... :wacko:

Any thoughts? Ideas?

Should be the exact same for the 93 and the 95 engine. I think they just misquoted what year should fit. They should have said "Fits 96-up Pathfinders".