Could random Questions

Pathfinder-jay

Hey guys got a 93 pathy 4x4 and yes it is an autotragic (i had manual before feel my pain). Anyhow I was wondering if installing an aftermarket cooler would be good for i can feel the heat coming up from the tranny...

Also I have overdrive... and the power switch... my power light comes on everytime i hit the gas a bit to hard... is there anyway of completely turning the power switch off I find it just over revs my engine...

Thanks

Jay

That's normal Jay, if you tromp the gas, it automatically switches to power mode, If I remember correctly.

Whether you can feel the heat of the tranny or not, get an aftermarket cooler on there STAT! It's about the only thing that gives you some insurance against costly tranny failure.

Also, it may not be the tranny heat you're feeling....I know a lot of people mistake it for that, but the Y-pipe for the exhaust is right under your feet, and it could be leaking.....causing the heat. Have a look at your exhaust.

I have a pretty sweet exhaust leak under my gas foot, found out exactly where it was the other day when my boot melted to my floor. Good times. On the up side my foot stays off the go pedal, and I get sweet free high from the melting plastic and exhaust fumes!!