auto headlight sensor

tecciball

hey pathians.

my auto headlight sensor has not worked since the day i bought my pathy. if i set the dial to auto, the lights just some on no matter what the ambient light. i would like this feature to work properly if it isnt too expensive or difficult for me to fix myself. so first question is where is the sensor on an 01. i have something on my dash infront of the passenger seat. is that it? anyone know the part number? the remote entry works fine, but that might use another sensor.

thanks in advance.

The thing on your dash is for the temperature. I have a 2000 so i dont know if the newer ones had a true auto headlight feature but how mine works is if i turn on my head lights they turn on, but they shut them selves off automaticly when i open my door and the truck is off or after a few minutes of turning off the key. Mine kinda works auto but is not light sensing, but im guessing our system is different.

My 02 has the auto headlights, it is identified by the word "AUTO" on the headlight switch.

My owners manual says that the round thing about the size of a loonie (Canadian dollar coin, little bigger than a quarter) near the base of the windshield on the passenger side is the sensor for the auto lights and should not be blocked.

So the first thing I would do is make sure that the sensor is clear with nothing on top of it. After that, maybe a fuse? Then.....? I really do not know.