why don't hardbody headers work?

turbopath

Well for one, they're designed for a completely different chassis vehicle.

Sure, they might bolt to the block, but you won't be able to route them to the exhaust. Not to mention that our exhaust system has 4 cats and the older ones only have 2, so the older headers are considerably longer than the newer ones.

well, the R50 needs 41 inch primaries to get the best midrange out of a header and still have a good top end. I don't care if it will bolt to the factory exhaust. It's all coming out anyway...

If they are close to fitting I'll just have the local machinist heat them up and bend them to clear stuff. I'm only going to run 1 cat...a big one.

I've come up with a few other header profiles that I can make myself, I just don't really have the time. I could go for big low end gains, midrange, or top end. The 41 inch design is the best comprimise I've come up with so far.

Edited by turbopath

I've been wondering the same thing a lot lately. I'm curious if we can use the Stillen 350Z headers if not for anything more than the flange and collectors. Primary tubes can always be cut and replaced with a pattern that fits the chassis.. Oh, and I thought the secondary cats weren't really cats at all. At least I remember reading something to that effect...