Air cleaner box questions

Rocker

I did a quick search but found nothing. I changed my air filter a week or so ago and noticed some fabric attatched to the bottom of the box. Mine had been chewed on by mice and covered with the damn grease undercoat that totally covers my engine compartment. What is that fabric for? Also, what does the 1" or so plastic tube that goes from the air cleaner box to the top of the radiator do? I see it is plugged at the end so it's not like there is any air moving thru it.

I am thinking about drilling the rivots that hold the fabric in and really cleaning the box out. I just dont want to ruin anything ya know?

Thanks

John

When you say on the bottom do you mean on the outside or inside the box? Aslo that tube is supposed to keep things quite in there, I think mine is in the Orange City dump right now, which caught on fire the other day so its probably floating around in the air.

I drilled out the rivets and removed the fabric. I than cleaned the entire intake box and tubes. I also pulled the plug out of the pipe that goes over the radiator. Seems to run/sound the same. Thanks for the info!