anti sway bars?

adamzan

On my pathy Ive been told that my rear sway bars or stablilzers are broken, well one of them is at least. What do these things do? and are they a requirement for a vehicle to pass a safety inspection to get the plates?

there are a few members who have completely removed their sway bars, but now they have to be more careful cornering as there is now not much there to control the body roll.... if your pathy is a DD.. i would suggest you keep them attached. Unless you drive like a grandma anyway *snorts*.. ok. that was a bit of exaggeration....

anyhoo. as above, depending where you live is depending whether they are a requirement to pass inspection.

According to what my dad says, one of the linkages is "worn" and that was like 3 years ago, and now with my frame rust i don't know if there still there LOL

I live around ottawa ontario and i guess ill have to see about the safety garbage.

According to what my dad says, one of the linkages is "worn" and that was like 3 years ago, and now with my frame rust i don't know if there still there LOL

I live around ottawa ontario and i guess ill have to see about the safety garbage.

worn can mean a lot of things... bushings is probably what he means though ;)

Acceleration squat is dependant on the rear shocks and springs.

It's not acceleration squat, it's like the rear right accelerates 10x more than the left. It feels like someone/something pushes the left rear panel....

Slick, looks like the arrow is pointing to the trailing arms?

no. arrow is pointing to sways.... don't ask a person under the influence of JD to draw arrows.... it's not perfect but he got the idea lol :P

Edited by Slick

It's not acceleration squat, it's like the rear right accelerates 10x more than the left.  It feels like someone/something pushes the left rear panel....

Trailing arms don't squat (or at least not very much) as opposed to a-arms, which have terrible squat charactersitics (see an older stock BMW 3-series for an example).

That side-push you're noticing on the rear is almost certainly worn lower control arm bushings, or (less likely) worn track bar bushings. These are easy to find and check, so grab a flashlight and jump under the vehicle. If worn lower control arm bushings go unchecked, death wobble will eventually rear (no pun intended) its ugly head. :nono:

Edited by Eli