Opinions on American Racing Rims?

big_johnson

Does anybody here have any feedback or personal experience regarding the quality, durability, etc. of american racing aluminum rims? I have heard several people bash them, saying that they become corroded easily and lose their finish. I'm considering getting some here soon (either the Pythons, Sliders, or Atlas'), but I don't want something that will look like crap in a few months. Thanks B)

Get the black ones, ar57's or something like that. They look like the rock crawler brand rims. They only cost abut 40-45 bucks a piece and are great. I had them on my 6" lifted cherokee and my buddy has them on his 5" lifted wrangler. So when offroading you dont have to worry about bashing or scrapping expensive rims if you gonna do any form or crock crawling.

I do like those, but I'm not sure about the black rims on black car thing. I was thinking about getting those with some mud terrains mounted on them, just to serve as offroading rims, so I could switch back to my normal setup on the street. Any more opinions?

I have some american racing rims. Mine are the non polished alumium type, and have done me just fine on and off the road. Yah they are a little beat up here and there, but so is my truck. Hope that helps.

M.M.

I have polished American Racing wheels. They hold up just fine, you just need to do regular maintenance. Rub them with some aluminum polish at the same time you wax your truck (hopefully every 3-6 months!). :P They oxidize, but just polish them from time to time. Mine were dull from neglect of the previous owner, and they cleaned up fine with Mothers polish. Mine still look great.

Thanks for the input. B) I think that AR rims look nice,but I'm not sure if I like that super shiny look. I was also thinking the ones like Deans (in the attachment), Panther EMR 108 polished. Any opinions?

post-9-1082518643.jpg

Thanks for the input. B) I think that AR rims look nice,but I'm not sure if I like that super shiny look. I was also thinking the ones like Deans (in the attachment), Panther EMR 108 polished. Any opinions?

I like the black rock crawlers myself ... but thats me ... :D