starting my pathfinder. but get no response.

iLLlegal

ok so here are the symptoms

1.) put key in to ignition. turn key ALL the way to start it like normal. BUT i get NO response as in it cranking or nothin.

2.)but ones you try and crank it it goes to ON right. that works fine.. A/C comes on. stereo etc.

3.)wait some secs try again.

4.)turn a/c off try again

5.)sometimes it works the first time or i need to do it 3 times.

now i want to find the soarce of this problem. is it my battery? cuz i think that might be dead pretty soon..or something else.

yeah I think thats all the symptoms so someone help.

im leaving tomorrow so ill see how it is on the 10th.

this starting problem doesnt sound the same as others i have looked at

ie. NO clicking. and no trying to turn over. but then it automatically works fine.

:oops:

You probably know checking grounds and battery are the first and easiest. You can try jumper cables to make sure starter is getting enough juice.

It seems like someone had a bad ignition switch with similar symptoms about 3 months ago. Couldn't find it in the search.

Sound familiar to anybody?

I just had this same kinda problem with one of my work trucks. The lights stereo everything worked but it wouldnot start or turn over sometimes I would get a click. I did not think it was the battery because like three weeks before I had autozone check the battery and they said it was a good battery. So first I tried jumping the truck off to no evail. I was stumped. I took the battery out of one of my other work trucks and she cranked right up. In my case it turns out the battery had a dead-cell in it So I guess it was like haveing a short in the system. I would try using another battery before anything else as it is an easy test and fix. good luck let us know how it goes once you get back.

I had the exact same problem, started out having to crank it 2-3 times then got worse....6-12 times, never tried to crank but everything turned on. Replaced the starter and it runs fine now. :D

Check the little blue relay right behind the battery on the passenger side... Mine was loosely connected and I was having the same issues... Pulled Starter bench tested fine... Started chasing down wires and that was the only one I could find that was not connected... Local Nissan Tech also told me to check it...

This is funny, if you look above I just posted about how I had the same prob and it was my starter.....got a new one and it works fine right?

This morning I went out to crank her up and I'm having the same issue!!!! I'm going nutz with this thing so im on my way out the door to check the blue relay.