Wheel allignment issues?

Guest n0turne74

Guest n0turne74

I have a 1995 Pathy XE 4X4 3.0L V6 with 131,000 miles. The rig has been extremely dependable over the 6 years that I've owned it, so I can't complain at all. One minor annoyance that I've dealt with though is that it loses wheel allignment often. It's fine with normal road driving, but if I go offroading once, it's badly out of line...Luckily I have a lifetime allignment through firestone, which I get done with my regular oil changes. I was wondering if anyone else has had this kind of problem?? I've recently had new tierods, rotors, breaks, bearings, etc installed so the front end is pretty much brand new. Any ideas?

n0c

anytime you go offroading you are going to have alignment problems ... I simply gave up on it until I decide to go with something better

the rods and centerlink just aren't designed for rough use ...

as for a fix - go to calmini to get the steering fix ...

I know that is not much help ... but that is all the you can really do ...

Thanx for the replies. I've been thinking about going with a steering stabilizer.

That L&P center link upgrade looks like the ticket also. Little pricey @ $250 but probably worth every penny! I think that would keep the wheels in line, afterall, I don't do any extreme offroading....just a little muddin sly

n0c

At 250 bucks, you are half way to the Calmini upgrade. Maybe its just my mentality, but why not go all the way if you are already 1/2 way there?

M.M.

kinda my thoughts too ... Calmini has done some pretty good testing and tend to stand behind their products ...

not that the other one from l&p isn't good ... But it just isn't as high a quality ...