possible problem with the electrical system?

adamzan

Ok first of all only one of my headlights work when only the running/daytime lights are on. As soon as i turn the switch to the nightime lowbeams they both work, they also work on highbeams as well so the lamps themselves are fine.

Second of all my blower fan for the a/c and heat only works on 1 and 2, sometimes i used to be able to get it to go on 3 or 4 if i pushed on it hard.

Third my a/c compressor does not even try to engage when i push the ac button. It was working great before but i dunno why its doing this now. Sometimes while i try to get the 3rd and 4th fan speeds to work the green ac light will flicker while i push on the fan selector. I don't have the automatic climate control though.

thanks

Your second and third problems sound like a bad fan switch. I had to replace mine recently and it was doing the same thing. The switch had overheated and started to melt, all I had was high speed sometimes. I picked up a new switch from nissan for about $45. It comes in a bag of 9 pieces that you get to assemble and attach to the AC/heater controls. You will need to remove the controls and cables in order to put it together without pieces falling out all over the place.

thanks for responding, ill definitly look into that. Also since my compressor hasn't been used for so long now (year and a bit) do you think it will still work at all?

It is possible that the seals have dried out and may have leaked, but you may have to just wait and see after the switch is replaced.

How well did it work before? The better condition the system was in before the switch went out the better your chances are that it will still work when you get it fixed.