The right combo?

diamondman

I know I keep asking lots of questions but I'm new at this. I appreciate all the advise everyone has given.

No one stocks the tire that I want, Destination M/T's, so I will have to order the set without test fitting. I'm going with a 16x8 wheel and I would love to be able to fit the LT265/75R16/D's. With the A/C Lift installed and the inner fender trimmed... will I have any other issues?

It makes me nervous that once the tires are mounted, they are non-refundable.

Maybe I'll just stick with BFG AT's... :confused:

Edited by diamondman

Well, you could look on tire rack and get the exact specs of the tire, and then test fit with a different tire of the same size. Realize that not all 265/75R16 tires are exactly the same size.

My 32x11.50x15 Dunlop Mud Rovers were shorter (31.3") but wider (11.5") than my BFG ATs (31.7"x11.2").

I originally was looking for the Destination MT's also, but couldn't find anyone who stocked them. I don't think I'd order tires that I couldn't test fit first.

Sounds like the utility knife is the way to cut the inner fender. I did mine in Wisconsin in January, so it wasn't exactly warm out to soften the plastic. I first tried the knife, but the plastic was too hard that time of year.

I found a local tire shop that will test fit a few different sizes for me. They carry BFG so it looks like I'll be getting BFG AT's...

It's about 90-100 degrees on avgerage right know in CT so the knife seems the way to go.

Oh, in that heat, definitely. Anything above 65-70*F is warm enough for it to be soft enough to cut with the blade. Between 45 and 65 its a bit of a grey area, too hard to cut with a blade, but too soft to effectively cut with a dremel...

That is it....

You could unscrew it, but I don't recommend it.

It blocks a lot of water and debris from getting sucked into the air intake which is just on the other side of that plastic guard. Just trim it down and leave as much of it in place as possible.

Please tell me you called AC and spoke with Volrick before placing your order....

Is that the new person they have there? I'm reminded of the issues I had when I ordered from them...